Vancouver All Stars’ main goal is to keep baseball and softball fun!
We take a ‘FUN’damental approach to teaching and improving the basics. Even the best of athletes need to correct and perfect their fundamental techniques from a young age onwards. Vancouver All Stars provides expert instruction through Kinesiology students & graduates, amateur & professional athletes, and nationally certified coaches.
FieldingLearn the various roles of a field player, with a focus on:
- Ground ball fielding position & techniques
- Fielding fly balls
- Picking a ball in the dirt
- Catching from first base
- Receiving a throw at a base
- Applying a tag to a runner
HittingWe teach a rotational approach to hitting in order to generate a strong swing. With a focus on:
- Stride – step forward to begin the timing of your swing
- Start rotation - torso leads the rotational motion of the swing
- Hips – the hips turn to generate power
- Hands – the hands come through the hitting zone into a power position
- Head – the head remains in position while following through, eyes are focused on the point of contact